HIPAA Privacy Notice
HIPAA Privacy NoticeThis notice describes how medical information about you may be used and shared and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
5. State Law. State law mandates sharing of your medical information with state agencies under certain circumstances, without your consent. Examples include abuse reporting to the Department of Social Services and death reports to the Office of the Medical Examiner.6. Medical Research. Your medical information may be used to further medical research, but only after approval by the Institutional Review Board, when written permission is not required by federal or state law.7. Other Uses and Disclosures. Any other sharing of your medical information will be made only with your written permission, and you may take back your permission at any time so long as you tell us in writing. Exceptions include if Denali Performance Clinic Services or collaborating clinic has acted in reliance upon your permission or if your permission was obtained so that the services provided would be covered by insurance.In addition, Denali Performance Clinic Services may contact you to remind you about your appointment or tell you about health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you. We may use certain information (name, address, telephone number, email, dates of service, age and gender) to contact you in the future about special offers and opportunities.
1. You may ask us to limit our sharing of your information, but under Federal Law Denali Performance Clinic Services and collaborating clinics do not have to agree to what you ask.
2. You have the right to receive confidential communications of your information at alternative locations or by alternative means.
3. You have the right to see and get a copy of your medical records.
4. If you think there is something wrong or missing in your medical information, you can ask that it be changed, unless the information was created elsewhere, is unavailable or is determined to be already accurate and complete. This will be done under collaboration with the provider, and will requisitely be within legal parameters, and maintain provider’s right to diagnose, prescribe, and treat.
5. You have a right to ask us for a limited accounting of disclosures of your information. The medical records department can provide you with more details.
The Duties of Denali Performance Clinic Services1. Denali Performance Clinic Services is required by law to keep your medical information private and to give patients this notice of its legal duties and privacy practices for medical information. Denali Performance Clinic Services is required to agree to the terms of this notice. Denali Performance Clinic Services reserves the right to change the terms of this notice and to make the new terms apply to all medical information it keeps. This notice and any changed notices will be conspicuously posted in public spaces at the Clinic, made available on the Denali Performance Clinic Services Web site (www.denalimedicalonline.com) and given to you in paper copy upon your request.2. Any patient believing that his or her privacy rights have been violated may complain through the Denali Performance Clinic Services Customer Relationship Management Department at 801-675-0987 or file a complaint directly with the Secretary for the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Visit www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints to learn more. Patients will not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read through the above information, and confirm understanding and compliance.
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: HIPAA Privacy Notice
Agree & Sign